Students,As our class is
going to celebrate GuruPrunima tomorrow. Our class will celebrate guru Prunima
on Shree Ramakrishna.For your
preparation , I have shared related
information, facts, quotes and images.All the Best.
1. Ramakrishna was born in a poor Brahmin Vaishnava family in rural Bengal.
2. (18 February 1836 – 16 August 1886)
3. He is also referred to as "Paramahamsa" by his devotees, as such he is popularly known as Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.
4. Ramakrishna's birthday is observed on Phalgun Shukla Dwitiya as per Hindu lunar calendar.
5. Prominent Disciple(s): Swami Vivekananda and others
6. During his teen age his family financial position was weak
Sarda Devi is wife of Ramakrishna
7. Ramakrishna was 23 when he got married with Shri Sarda Devi.
8. Ramakrishna died of cancer of the throat in 1886, leaving his wife Sarada Devi who was considered a saint in her own right to take charge of his disciples and carry on his message.
9. Books on Ramakrishna:
· The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna by Mahendranath Gupta
· Ramakrishna the Great Master by Swami Saradanananda
· The Great Swan: Meeting with Ramakrishna by Lex Hixon
· Life of Ramakrishna by Romain Rolland
· Ramakrishna and His Disciples by Christopher Isherwood
10. God is in all men, but all men are not in God; that is why we suffer.
11. It is easy to talk on religion, but difficult to practice it.
12. Leave the I and reach to the God.